Recent Commercial Posts
Pre-Planning for inclement weather
Why Pre-Planning is the key to keep your business running during inclement weather
- Talk to your security team and have pre assigned Evacuation Leaders/Alternate Evacuation Leaders. Make sure they know what to do and where to go in case of an emergency. Talk to them about different evacuation plans, mandatory evacuations, etc.
- Make sure your tenants know where they should go within the building in case of an emergency.
- Invest in a Weather Radio. You can purchase one for as little as $25.00 online
- Have a comprehensive Emergency Plan in place. If you don’t have one already and would like to create one, call us today to set up a meeting to talk about our complimentary ERP (Emergency Ready Profile) App. You can quickly access all your emergency contacts through any device or online.
Call SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties today at 678-432-3003
Don’t let a water loss turn into a contaminated loss
Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 678-432-3003
During the summer, if your business experiences a water loss where the power is shut off, the high temperatures and high humidity can cause microbes to grow much faster than one would think possible. We don’t like to think about it, but microbes are everywhere, and they can grow everywhere in your facility (wood, paper, drywall, insulation, carpet, etc.) These microbes become airborne and spread to other clean areas and create cross-contamination.
They key is to act fast to prevent a water loss job to grow into a contaminated loss. If it is possible, and safe to do so, start extracting the water and get power restored as soon as possible. Decrease the temperature and moisture in the building. If possible try to keep humidity below 60 percent.
You need a company that is qualified to avoid microbe growth. Here at SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties, we are focused on reducing business interruption, reducing claims cost and minimizing callbacks. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate the problem quickly and safely.
Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 678-432-3003
Commercial fire or water damage in Henry and Spalding counties
If you need help, call us today at 678-432-3003
There's never a convenient time for fire or water damage to strike your business, and we know how important it is for Property Managers, building owners, and tenants to get the issue fixed as soon as possible and limit disruption to their business or organization.
Whether it's fire, water or mold damage, we are Here To Help® 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. You will talk to a local person, not a call center thousands of miles away. We are proud of the work our highly trained professionals do. What is the SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties difference? We have an in-house training specialist with over 10 years of experience in the industry. Our IICRC WRT certified project managers, crew chiefs, and technicians get weekly training sessions to provide quality control and to ensure continual communication with the parties involved. We provide verbal and written communication daily with job process updates, and upon completing a job we offer a digital “Wrap-Up” with details of what was done on the job (First Notice of Loss, email communications, pictures, sketches, reports, etc.)
If your business suffers a major loss, call us today at 678-432-3003.
Commercial Water Damage
Call us today- 678-432-3003
Water damage can strike your commercial property at any time. Water damage can sideline your business, regardless if the damage occurs from a major storm event or a broken water line. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when you have an emergency water event, SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties offer fast and reliable, 24 hour emergency services, 365 days a year. Our trained professionals have the experience, and equipment to manage water and flooding damage. Whether you have a large water emergency or a small water damage event, they will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
If any of your commercial properties recently had any water damage or flooding, call us today at 678-432-3003 so we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Download the Emergency Ready Profile App Today
Download the App today!
We don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but as many as fifty percent of business close down after a disaster, according to the latest research. What happened to the other fifty percent? Most of them had a preparedness plan in place. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
By completing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business today, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action.
The ERP is a no-cost readiness plan designed to help property owners and managers recover from disaster faster, which leads to lower recovery costs. Make sure you’re ready and not ruined with our Emergency Ready Program. Download the free mobile app to keep your ERP data at your fingertips, ready when you need it. Go to SERVPRO.COM/READY or download the free app on Android Market or App Store.
You can call any of our SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties representatives today to set up an ERP walk-through! 678-432-3003
If you want more information visit https://ready.SERVPRO.com/Home/ReadyProgram to learn more.
Fire Prevention Tips for your business
If you need our help, call us today at 678-432-3003
Fire prevention is key. Here are some tips to help your business reduce the chances of smoke and fire damage.
- Call the Henry County or Spalding County government office and see if they offer a handbook about fire safety. You can also ask and see if a fire marshal can come and visit your business to spot any hidden dangers
- If possible, have an automatic sprinkler system in place
- Make sure your business has smoke and carbon monoxide detectors on every floor
- Make sure fire extinguishers are in working order
- Have an evacuation plan and make sure your employees know it
- If possible, conduct a fire drill every year (who will call 911, which exits to use, where the different meeting points are, where the first aid kits are located, etc.)
- Make sure all extension cords are off the floor, and not being crushed by any other equipment or furniture.
- Remove clutter around exit points.
How to Deal with Commercial Water Damage
Give SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties a call at 678-432-3003.
Water damage can strike your commercial property in Henry & Spalding Counties when you are least expecting it. Water damage can happen in a variety of ways including a broken or leaking water line or even a weather related event.
If your property ever experiences water damage here are some tips on how to deal with the damage safely and efficiently.
- Turn off the electricity.
- Do NOT use home vacuums to attempt to remove water in order to avoid the risk of electric shock.
- Wash your hands after coming into contact with damaged items.
Steps to take before professionals arrive:
- Attempt to stop the water at its source.
- Mop up excess water from floors.
- Take out wet cushions from chairs or other furniture.
- Move art and other decorations to a dry area to prevent them being damaged.
- Take a deep breath, because the professionals at SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties are on the way to help you deal with the damage!
Fire Prevention Tips for the Workplace
In the event of a fire call us at 678-432-3003
We all know how quickly we can get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the work place and forget to stop and consider the important things we need to be consistently doing in order to keep the work place as safe as possible. Here are a couple fire prevention tips to keep in mind even while we are busy at work…
- Keep your work area free of waste paper, trash, and other items that can easily catch fire.
- Turn off electrical appliances at the end of each day.
- Do NOT overload your circuits.
- Periodically check your electrical cords, and replace any damaged cords immediately.
By following these tips you can greatly reduce the chances of an office fire, but in the event of a fire you should have an evacuation plan posted all around the building. Once everyone is safely removed from the building and the fire has been put out then you can call SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties to help mitigate the damages and make your building feel “Like it never even happened.”
Tips for Preparing Your Business for Winter Weather
Much of Georgia is under a winter weather advisory with freezing rain and ice accumulation expected.
Here are a few tips your business should consider right now to prepare for inclement weather
- Check your business property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather, such as wind, heavy rain and ice can cause branches to fall, which could cause damage to the property and potentially cause personal injuries.
- Inspect property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Inspect all handrails, stairwells and entryways to address and correct potential slippery or hazardous areas. Install mats or non-slip surfaces and post caution signs where water could be present.
- Ask SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties Professionals about starting a Disaster Recovery Plan for your business.
Restoring Your Local Business After A Water Damage Event
Ready for whatever happens!
Flooding and water damage events in Henry County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Henry County
SERVPRO of Henry County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Make Sure You Are Keeping Your Commercial Air Ducts Clean!
If you are interested in getting your air ducts cleaned, give SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties a call at 678-432-3003.
Many people or businesses tend to overlook certain aspects of their commercial buildings when they are going through their maintenance checklist. One thing that is often forgotten about is air duct cleaning, because cleaning an air duct system that is not showing any obvious problems can seem like an unnecessary expenditure of time and money. According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) the rule of thumb for consumers is that “if your air ducts look dirty, they probably are.” While you do not need to clean you air ducts every year, it is not something that you do not want to forget to maintain. Below are some benefits to cleaning your air ducts:
- Improved indoor air quality
- Greater HVAC system efficiency
- Longer HVAC component lifespan
- Air duct cleaning conserves energy
- Air duct cleaning will save you money in the long run
No Job We Can't Handle
Give SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties a call at 678-432-3003!
Not all restoration companies can handle a wide array of restoration necessities. Some companies are too small and not well equipped to handle large losses that nearly destroy an entire building, while other companies do not feel like a small water problem is worth their time to investigate; that is not us.
We can handle any of your restorations needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No job is too big or too small! We have a fully equipped warehouse and highly trained crews that are capable of responding to any size disaster. Our production crews are available to help you deal with mold removal, water damage, fire damage, storm damage, as well as repairs! We are here to assist you with any damages that might arise and we will not quit until it looks “Like it never even happened.”
When "What If" becomes "What Now".... Emergency Ready Profile
Emergency Ready Profile
Managing a property or being a landlord is not a 9 to 5 job! Problems do not care if you are supposed to be on vacation, they can arise 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Be prepared before an emergency happened with our Emergency Ready Plan.
A large chunk of businesses actually have to close down following a disaster. Of the businesses that do survive the majority of them had some form of preparedness plan in place before the disaster struck their building. SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile helps your business to have a plan in place to know exactly how to handle fire and water damage as it is occurring.
To learn more about SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile you can visit http://ready.SERVPRO.com or call SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties at 678-432-3003.
2015 BOMA Bowl
Thanks for all our friends from BOMA who joined us in a fun day of bowling at the 2015 BOMA Bowl!
Patti Brown Receives the 2014 BOMA President's Award
Patti Brown Receives the 2014 BOMA President's Award
Each year, BOMA Georgia recognizes the outstanding achievements of members and staff through its Association Awards. BOMA International honors exemplary individuals with several of its own recognition awards and special appointments. This year, BOMA selected Patti Brown as it's President's Award recipient as a result of her hard work, dedication and the impact she has contributed to the organization.
SERVPRO Sponsors CBRE at Hot Chocolate 5K
SERVPRO of Decatur partners with CBRE to join the 19,000 runners who participated in the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K RAM Racing Series run in Atlanta on January 24.
"Courtney and I wanted to say thank you so much for sponsoring the CBRE Rising Professionals Organization! Everyone had a great time and loved that our group was able to partner with SERVPRO of Decatur to support the Ronald McDonald charity. Thank you again!" ~ Megan Montgolf