Home Evacuation Plan
Emergencies can happen anywhere and at any time. A fire can start in the middle of the night, and if that happens does your family know what to do? How to safely get out and where to meet? Benjamin Franklin said that by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Call a family meeting and get all the members to participate in creating a family evacuation plan. Having a plan can save your family in case of an emergency.
- Draw a map of your home and come up with an evacuation plan
- Walk around each room and find two ways to get out
- Open every window in the home and make sure each one can be easily opened
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom and outside each sleeping area
- Go outside and choose a meeting place in the front of the property
- Make sure every single member of the family is aware of the plan
- Save your Henry County Fire Department’s phone number on every cell phone
- Conduct a fire drill (yesssss, we know it sounds silly, but practice makes perfect)
- Print several copies of your evacuation plan. Tape one to the fridge
You can download a free escape plan here.
For any questions about fire damage, call the experts at SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties- 678-432-3003.