Do You Know How to Prevent Mold in Your Home?
Give us a call at 678-432-3003
Unless you are attempting to make blue cheese or penicillin mold is not something that you want to be messing with or run across in your home or business. Mold can grow anywhere with a lot of moisture present, such as around leaks in roofs, windows, or pipes as well as paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, and wood products. Mold can be a difficult and costly problem to fix, but it also can produce harmful allergens and irritants that can compromise your health.
According to the Mother Nature Network here are nine ways to prevent moisture indoors, and the mold that thrives on it.
- Identify problem areas in your home and correct them.
- Dry wet areas immediately.
- Prevent moisture with proper ventilation.
- Equip your home with mold-resistant products.
- Monitor humidity indoors.
- Direct water away from your home.
- Clean or repair roof gutters.
- Improve air flow in your home.
- Keep mold off household plants.
If you are having issues with mold growth in your home or business, SERVPRO of Henry & Spalding Counties is here to help!
We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help 678-432-3003
A basement can flood at any time, but specially now with the heavy rainfall we’ve had around Henry and Spalding Counties. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today – 678-432-3003
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Commercial Water Damage
Call us today- 678-432-3003
Water damage can strike your commercial property at any time. Water damage can sideline your business, regardless if the damage occurs from a major storm event or a broken water line. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when you have an emergency water event, SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties offer fast and reliable, 24 hour emergency services, 365 days a year. Our trained professionals have the experience, and equipment to manage water and flooding damage. Whether you have a large water emergency or a small water damage event, they will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
If any of your commercial properties recently had any water damage or flooding, call us today at 678-432-3003 so we can make it “Like it never even happened.”
Download the Emergency Ready Profile App Today
Download the App today!
We don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but as many as fifty percent of business close down after a disaster, according to the latest research. What happened to the other fifty percent? Most of them had a preparedness plan in place. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
By completing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business today, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action.
The ERP is a no-cost readiness plan designed to help property owners and managers recover from disaster faster, which leads to lower recovery costs. Make sure you’re ready and not ruined with our Emergency Ready Program. Download the free mobile app to keep your ERP data at your fingertips, ready when you need it. Go to SERVPRO.COM/READY or download the free app on Android Market or App Store.
You can call any of our SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties representatives today to set up an ERP walk-through! 678-432-3003
If you want more information visit https://ready.SERVPRO.com/Home/ReadyProgram to learn more.
Fire Prevention Tips for your business
If you need our help, call us today at 678-432-3003
Fire prevention is key. Here are some tips to help your business reduce the chances of smoke and fire damage.
- Call the Henry County or Spalding County government office and see if they offer a handbook about fire safety. You can also ask and see if a fire marshal can come and visit your business to spot any hidden dangers
- If possible, have an automatic sprinkler system in place
- Make sure your business has smoke and carbon monoxide detectors on every floor
- Make sure fire extinguishers are in working order
- Have an evacuation plan and make sure your employees know it
- If possible, conduct a fire drill every year (who will call 911, which exits to use, where the different meeting points are, where the first aid kits are located, etc.)
- Make sure all extension cords are off the floor, and not being crushed by any other equipment or furniture.
- Remove clutter around exit points.
Mold Damage Emergency Tips
Call Us Today- 678-432-3003
What you can do until help arrives
In as little as 48 hours, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business when there’s a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Have a Mold Problem? Call Us Today 678-432-3003
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact a SERVPRO Franchise Professional for mold remediation services.
What NOT to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
What is the difference between Mold Removal and Mold Remediation?
Signs of Mold? Call US Today 678-432-3003
What’s the Difference?
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy.
A qualified restoration company understands the science behind mold and mold growth. SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties the training and expertise to remediate the mold in your home or business. Mold remediation focuses on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels.
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same.
- Step 1: Emergency Contact- SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties- 678-432-3003
- Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Step 3: Mold Containment
- Step 4: Air Filtration
- Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Belongings
- Step 7: Restoration
Campfire and Grill Safety Tips
We’re here to help, call SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties at 678-432-3003
If you want to spend a happy and “injury-free” summer with your family and friends we recommend you follow these safety tips from the U.S Fire Administration.
- This should be a no-brainer but… never use a grill inside. Keep your grill at least 3 feet from siding, deck rails and eaves.
- Clean your grill after EACH use. We bet you don’t want the grease from that delicious steak to start a fire.
- Open your gas grill before lighting.
- Keep a 3-foot save zone around grills and campfires
- Place coals from the grill in a metal container with a lid.
- Never leave a campfire or grill unattended.
- Watch out for kids and pets and make sure they don’t get too close.
We’re here to help, call SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties at 678-432-3003
Fire Damage Emergency Tips
SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties today at 678-432-3003
This is what you can do until help arrives
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting your SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
If you have any questions, call SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties today at 678-432-3003
Safety Tips during the 2018 Hurricane Season
Think ahead, have a plan and be prepared
The Federal Emergency Management Agency is asking residents in the southeast to begin preparing for this year’s hurricane season.
Hurricanes are not only a threat to coastal areas, you can still be affected more than 100 miles inland. Storm surge, heavy rainfall, inland flooding, landslides high winds and tornadoes can cause catastrophic damage. The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1st to November 30th.
- Talk to your family and come up with an emergency/evacuation plan.
- Know your area’s risk of hurricanes.
- In case you need to leave your home, make sure your family knows where to meet.
- Have an emergency preparedness kit. Gather enough supplies to last for at least three days.
- Don’t forget about your pets
- Keep important documents in a safe place. Have your insurance information handy. Take a picture of your policy number, etc.
- Keep your car in good working condition, and keep the gas tank full.
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows.
- If you are told to evacuate, do so immediately.
- Don’t walk, swim or drive though flood waters.
For more information visit ready.gov or download the FEMA app.