How to Safely Deal with Mold in your Home
The most important thing to do if you see visible mold is to not disturb it. By trying to wipe it away you can unintentionally spread the mold incursion throughout your home. By disturbing the mold, you can release microscopic mold spores that become airborne and can spread inside your house.
Things you can do:
- If possible, stay out of affected rooms.
- Turn off the HVAC system and any fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties for mold remediation services.
Things you shouldn’t do:
- Don’t touch the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry or wipe the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Henry and Spalding Counties specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 678-432-3003